|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|1. Download the .opvn file [[attachment:OpenVPN-2.5.0.I601-InLine.ovpn]]||1. Download the .opvn file [[attachment:Mac2022.ovpn]]|
The School of Computing uses OpenVPN
If you have an account on the CS domain, you may access campus resources through our VPN server.
IMPORTANT NOTE as of Fall 2018, you must have OpenVPN 2.4.X or later installed or your connection will fail to connect. If you get a fail to connect message, uninstall your version of OpenVPN and install the one below. If you have a MAC, make sure you are on 2.4 or later.
Run OpenVPN GUI as administrator This is required or your connection will not work.
- Right click the icon in the system tray and click connect
- Enter your CS username and Password
- If you have problems try again running the program as administrator
OS X/Android and others
Download and install Tunnelblick from https://tunnelblick.net/ or use your favorite OpenVPN client
Download the .opvn file Mac2022.ovpn
- Double-click the .ovpn file. This will add the configuration to Tunnelblick.
- Connect or disconnect using the icon running on the right side of the menu bar.
Symptom: Your connection yo-yo's up and down every 60 seconds.
Fix: You are connected to the VPN with two computers using the same account. Disconnect from the VPN on one of your computers.
2021-03-30: After updating Windows 10 with the 20H2 Feature update, my VPN no longer worked. I'm working on a solution. 2021-03-31: Had another update today and its fixed.