|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
| 1. Kali --> 192.168.1.4
1. Metasploitable 3 --> 192.168.1.5
| 1. Ubuntu 18.04 --> 192.168.1.4
1. Kali --> 192.168.1.5
1. Metasploitable 3 --> 192.168.1.6
|Line 23:||Line 24:|
|Line 27:||Line 28:|
|Line 31:||Line 32:|
|Line 36:||Line 37:|
|1. Show me that you have DHCP reservations for each of your four computers||1. Show me that you have DHCP reservations for each of your five computers|
Lab 02 - NAT and firewall setup
- DHCP Reservations - We'll create sudo static IPs using DHCP reservations.
- Firewall rules - Metasploitable 3 is something we shouldn't allow access to the internet. Consequently we'll be blocking internet access to that particular VM.
- Lastly, we'll provide a NAT rule to access the Windows 10 VM via RDP and enable remote desktop access for the Windows 10 VM.
Completing the Lab:
The best approach completes the three items above in order. From networking class, you should know how DHCP works.
- You will need the MAC address of each VM. Go and get them and write them down.
- In the service menu, click on DCHP server and make sure the LAN is selected at the top.
- At the bottom of the page add "DHCP Static Mappings for this Interface" for each VM. I did them as follows:
Windows 10 --> 192.168.1.2
Windows 2016 --> 192.168.1.3
Ubuntu 18.04 --> 192.168.1.4
Kali --> 192.168.1.5
Metasploitable 3 --> 192.168.1.6
The result looks like the:
Next, create a blocking rule for the Metasploitable 3 VM blocking all access to/from the internet. This can be done from the Firewall Menu, item Rules.
Finally, select NAT from the Firewall menu and add a NAT rule that allows you to access your Windows 10 machine using RDP by connecting to the public IP side of your pfSense box.
- Remote into your Windows 10 VM.
- Show me that you have DHCP reservations for each of your five computers
- Show me that the rule to block all outgoing and incoming packets to the metasploitable 3 VM actually works
- Show me that you can remote desktop to your other windows machines (Windows 2016, Metasploitable)
- Show me that you can access your Kali machine. (GUI would be nice, but SSH will get you a pass for now).