|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|1. Install and configure VPN solution on your pfSense box using IPSec||1. Install and configure OpenVPN solution on your pfSense box|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|1. Use a system on the network to test your vpn and show that it works. Once you are satisfied that it works, have an administrator move your windows 10 vm off your network, configure it to VPN into the pfSense box and verify that all of your current functionality works (see below). NOTE: you cannot remote desktop into your Windows 10 machine and then VPN from there into the network without considerable effort. So, don't! Use IE to make your video and then follow the teardown procedure below.||1. Use a system on the network to test your vpn and show that it works.|
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|1. Show me the IPSec configuration on the windows 10 VM.||1. Show me the OpenVPN configuration on the windows 10 VM.|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|1. Show that you can remote into Windows 2016 VM and VNC into Kali.||1. Show that you can remote into Windows 2016 VM and into Kali.|
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
|1. Move your Windows 10 VM back onto your network.|
Lab 05 - VPN
The purpose of this lab is to setup a VPN server on your pfSense box and use it to VPN into your network.
- Install and configure OpenVPN solution on your pfSense box
- Move your windows 10 machine outside your network and use it as a VPN client.
- Demonstrate that you have the same access to all your machines from your VPN
- Setup OpenVPN on your pfSense VM. You may use any documentation you find. There are a few changes that need to be made to the configuration. Make sure your system routes all traffic through the VPN.
- Use a system on the network to test your vpn and show that it works.
In a video, or in person, show me the following:
- IP address of the windows 10 client is not on your fire-walled network.
- Show me the OpenVPN configuration on the windows 10 VM.
- Show the windows 10 VM connecting to the VPN.
- Show that you can remote into Windows 2016 VM and into Kali.
Post Video Creation Teardown
- IF YOU WANT TO VPN INTO YOUR NETWORK from the school of computing, now you can. Do not remove the VPN setup!